Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sleepy Pants

     I had all these grand plans for this weekend. We were going to go the lake and see my friend Kiri and her family. There was going to be fun. There was sleep instead. I (and the baby) actually slept in until 10:30 Sunday morning. It was amazing. The other kids actually kept quiet so I could sleep. I must have really needed the rest or something.

     I did get some things done. I learned how to make my own tortillas. They are rather simple and fun to make. The kids really liked them and I think they will make a good lunch for tomorrow. I plan on making some more tomorrow along with some pita bread and regular bread. I'm trying to save money by making things that we eat all the time.

     I have also found the most amazing side dish in the world. It's called "Shaved Zucchini" and it is to die for. You shave (with a veggie peeler) a zucchini into strips and sautee it in olive oil and then toss it with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cheese. I used asiago because it's a family favorite. It was delicious. It went very well with the chicken adobo and brown basmati rice we had.

     I know I have been slacking on the blog department but I am so busy lately. We have 3 kids playing baseball/softball and all three are on different teams. They are all enjoying themselves and playing well. I enjoy watching them play and (as my father would say) it keeps me out of the beer joints. I am happy to get one night a week where we don't go anywhere.

     I think I'm going to go try a microwave pudding recipe and then go to bed. I need more sleep.... soooo much more sleep.

1 comment: